I’ve done a lot in the past few days. I went and saw the final film to the Harry Potter series, I had a nerdout day with my friend Meghan, Hell today I even had a water balloon fight with my family, but I haven’t really accomplished anything.
It’s been 117 days since I started my path of 101 things in 1001 days, meaning I have 884 days to go on completing my list, but do I really want to? – Well Hell Yeah, otherwise, why did I start it. – But what I meant is I’ve changed. Really, I promise I’m not just bullshitting you, somewhere between doing nothing and … well-doing a whole SHIT LOAD more of nothing something inside me happened.
Maybe it’s been the separation of my friend’s and watching as everyone gets ready to leave for college in about a month, or maybe it’s the fact that I’ve been watching way to much of MTV’s “The Buried Life” or “If You Really Knew Me”. Life is short and in the time that I have left on this planet I want to make a difference.
Yes I still want to finish my original list, which is actually a bunch of items that I want to do, and that will enrich my life, but there are a lot of items that I’ve decided to swap out of my list to put something different on. I’m not giving up on these goals. I’m just changing my priorities, instead of watching 100 movies, why not give a complete stranger 100 dollars. Instead of riding in a limo who not pay for someone’s groceries.
So here it is, my newly updated list… well more of my newly updated numbers. It may seem like I have a lot of time with that 884 days but really, all I have is this moment right now, because who knows if I’ll be here when day 118 rolls around.
11. Visit Roswell, New Mexico -> 11. Pay for Someone’s groceries
26. Go on a road trip -> 26. Make a Donation to Charity
32. Watch every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in order (1/7) -> 32. Go on a Blind Date
41. Drive across the U.S. -> 41. Plant a tree
46. Attend a fancy dress party -> 46. Take a Kid on a toy shopping spree
57. Ride in a limo -> 57. Give a stranger a 100 dollar bill
59. Find a geochache in at least 5 states (0/5) -> 59. Scream at the top of your lungs
63. Get a caricature done of myself -> 63. Throw a Surprise Party
73. Dye my hair -> 73. Win an award
80. Paint a wall ->80. Draw A Mural
93. Tape and post more videos of my singing on YouTube -> 93. Make the Front page of a Newspaper
For my full list of the 101 things that I want to do with my leftover days of life, well that’s here on my blog, but I’m done pinging things back. If you’re really interested in this, leave something in the comments and tell me what you’d want to do.
And as the boys on The Buried Life said –
“If you had one day to live, what would you do? Would you rob a bank, plant a tree, or tell someone how you really feel? Now if you had a lifetime to live, would you lose that drive, or would the list just keep getting longer? Do it know, because life is very short and remember it’s all in the question; What do you want to do, before you die?”